Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Card Concept #35 {Frilly & Fabulous}

Welcome to The Card Concept! Each week we offer up a challenge for you to try, and we hope that you will create a card in one of the styles we have offered here.  The team is divided into the different styles and each designer explains how they were inspired by the challenge!  So come and join us and try your hand at a brand new "style" of card making or work in your comfort zone, it is totally up to you!


Feel free to use any of the styles of our team or better yet, share you own style by combining one or more of the styles. We want you to have fun and make a card in a style that you feel good about!

The styles are explained HERE.

May Clean and Simple Guest Designer


Shelly Kurth 

This month we are focusing on Clean and Simple designs. For the month of May we have talented Shelly Kurth joining us. If you haven't visited her blog,  Simply Sweet Greetings, you are in for CAS delight. CAS design is very often misinterpreted as being easy, it is anything but. Often CAS designs take every bit as much time as any other design style, if not longer, to complete. Balancing white space, patterns, colours and difficulty to find the perfect blend is very challenging. Shelly's blog is full of designs to learn this design style from.


The designers have entered their cards below and they have explained the style they used and the way they were inspired...


Clean & Simple

Kristie Goulet
 The colors of the flowers inspired my CAS design.

tracey_CC#35

Clean & Graphic

Geri Greening

The cupcake icing & the silver fork inspired the colors on my card.

(coming soon)


Clean & Layered

I was inspired by the pretty flowers and distressed wood.

Laurie Schmidt
I was inspired by the colors of the cupcakes!

Shabby Chic

Narelle Farrugia
I took inspiration from the colours and the woodgrain for my card. 

Debbie Marcinkiewicz

 I was inspired by the flowers, tulle, colors and weathered wood pattern for my design this week!


Freestyle Collage

Laura Jane
I simply wanted to re-create the whole SCRUMPTIOUS rose cupcake scene!!


Cindy Lovell 
  I was inspired by actualy everything of the inspiration photo

Classy & Elegant

Angela Maine
Dark wood, soft roses and crinoline - all are uniquely inspiring

I was inspired by the flowers and woodgrain backdrop!

Mixed Media
Yoonsun Hur
 Beautiful pastel coloured icing is so inspiring!

Julie Gearinger
I was inspired by the soft colors and gray in the woodgrain background :-)

Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!

This challenge will end on Monday, May 25th at Noon (PST).




5 comments:

  1. Such beautiful cards, ladies!
    Thank you so much, for having me as a guest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this challenge! I just found your blog and I am so inspired! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I love me some Shelly, so thanks for having her as GD!! The photo was an interesting one. It took me a while to get that those were cupcakes. I couldn't understand what the fork had to do with flowers! You all did outstanding cards to inspire my clean and layered design!! Thank you! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. the photo is so beautiful and all DT works are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete