Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Challenge #27 {LOVE}

Welcome to The Card Concept! Each week we offer up a challenge for you to try, and we hope that you will create a card in one of the styles we have offered here.  The team is divided into the different styles and each designer explains how they were inspired by the challenge!  So come and join us and try your hand at a brand new "style" of card making or work in your comfort zone, it is totally up to you!


The styles are explained HERE.

This month we are focusing on Shabby/Chic Cards and our Guest Andrea Ewen! Andrea creates the most beautiful cards and I was absolutely delighted that she agreed to Guest with us for January! Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with us Andrea!


The designers have entered their cards below and they have explained the style they used and the way they were inspired...we hope the inspiration photo gets you in the mood to craft!

Shabby Chic Guest Designer



Clean & Simple

Kristie Goulet
The ombre colors and woodgrain inspired me!

Tracey McNeely
I was inspired by the ombre and the word love.


Clean & Graphic

Cindy Lovell
I was inspired by the LOVE of the inspiration photo

The stacked 'LOVE' letters and the ombre colors inspired my card.


Clean & Layered

Kerin Sylvester
I was inspired by almost every aspect of the inspiration photo: the colors, LOVE, and especially the dainty string of hearts.

Laurie Schmidt


The colors, letters and wood grain background inspired me!


Shabby Chic

Narelle Farrugia
I've used a combination of DSPs in different shades of pinks to create my card. I also went with the "Love" Theme from the inspiration pic.

Debbie Marcinkiewicz


I was inspired by the hearts, letters, banner and colors - pink and neutrals!

Freestyle Collage

Laura Jane

Ombre and wood background was my inspiration..LOVE the banners too!

Lea Lawson
What wasn't I inspired by?  The ombre & woodgrain, hearts, banner & word art all inspired my card.


Classy & Elegant
The playful ombre is so inspiring

I was inspired by the all the hearts and the word "Love".



Mixed Media

Yoonsun Hur
I was inspired by the ombre colours!

 Julie Gearinger
I was inspired by the colors of the ombre letters along with the woodgrain background. 

Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!
This challenge will end on Monday, February 2nd at Noon (PST).


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, my photo came up blurry. Is there a way for me to delete it and reload it? It is not fuzzy in my gallery - at all! Maura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the DT's card styles and the perfect theme, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration and for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the super fun challenge and beautiful DT work for added inspiration! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete